Drag Race: Corvette Z06, Porsche 911 GT3 and Audi R8 V10 vs. Superbike
YouTuber Hagerty has posted a video from an acceleration race between an Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder, a Chevrolet Corvette Z06, a Porsche 911 GT3 and a Ducati Panigale V4 SP2 racing bike.
Powering the Z06 is a 5.5-liter non-turbo V8 pushing 670 PS (661 hp / 493 kW) and 624 Nm (460 lb-ft) of torque to the wheels. The Audi R8 makes use of a 5.2-liter V10 good for 562 PS (554 hp / 413 kW) and 551 Nm (407 lb-ft) of torque. The Porsche 911 GT3 lags behind on paper with four liters of displacement in a six-pot boxer engine, 502 PS (495 hp / 369 kW) and 469 Nm (346 lb-ft) of torque.
And then there is the Panigale V4 SP2 piloted by pro motorcycle racer Josh Herrin. A 1.1-liter four-cylinder mill drives the wheels with 210 PS (207 hp / 154 kW), but there is no discounting the huge weight advantage.
At first, the three cars race against each other. In the end, the motorbike takes on the winner. Be sure to watch the entire video for cool special effects and plenty of technical details about the contenders.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
Source:Forma car News
News permanent address:https://main2.formacar.com/en/news/view/49628.html
- 5 AMC muscle car classics are up for grabs for a combined $0.6M USD
- Watch a VW Tiguan R take on a Land Rover Defender in a 1/4-mile race
- Rumor: Nissan may ditch the Titan truck for a small EV alternative
- Watch a Ferrari Testarossa slide dangerously on snow-covered streets
- WSJ: Ford considering selling its Germany factory to China