Half-a-century-old Ford F-250 pickup gets reborn like new
U.S.-based car restorer Velocity Modern Classics has opened its pre-order books for Ford F-250 restomods based on trucks made from 1967 until 1972. The first shipments will be made next summer.
The company encourages the clients to go for an all-out, extensive customization of the exterior, cabin and drivetrain. The pickup shown here, for example, was swapped to a 5.0-liter Coyote V8 mated to a four-speed A/T and an all-wheel drive system with a transfer case. The front axle was replaced by a Dana 44, and a Ford 9-Inch axle went to the back.
The example truck rides on 33-inch all-terrain tires wrapped around 18-inch steelies. The suspension benefits from AFCO coilovers and dampers. Inside the cabin, vintage style goes hand-in-hand with modern practicality: the trim mostly uses natural leather with textile, the dashboard is digital, and the driver gets a full-fledged climate control instead of just an AC. Then again, Velocity Modern Classics accepts custom requests as far as the trim and equipment are concerned.
Prices start from $285,000, but the F-250 shown here will set you back $325,000.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
Source:Forma car News
News permanent address:https://main2.formacar.com/en/news/view/47905.html
- Theon Design endows a Porsche 911 with a supercharger
- Express your love for Porsche 917 with this life-size sculpture
- Video: Watch Novitec-tuned Ferrari 812 Superfast devour autobahn at 332 km/h
- Fellten devises a versatile, fully reversible EV kit for classic cars worldwide
- Unique manual Mercedes-AMG E-Class fetches a bargain bin price