Rumor: M2 set to inherit AWD from M4
The new BMW M2 will be revealed in October, and by now, we know a lot about this next generation. Earlier we learned that the coupe would get the same brakes and powertrain as its big brother, the M4. As it now turns out, the similarities don’t end there.
An insider form the Bimmerpost forum has reported that the new M2 would get the same M xDrive system as the M4. The latter can sustain torques up to 1,300 Nm (959 lb-ft), making it extremely useful for fast launches. Granted, the info is not official yet, but Bimmerpost reports have been proven true in a number of cases, so we are hopeful.
In case you forgot, the M xDrive AWD uses an active differential on the rear axle and supports switching between multiple driving presents, including Track and Drift.
In earlier news, we learned that the M2 Competition would get a turbocharged inline-six engine rated at 450 PS (444 hp / 331 kW) in tandem with an 8AT or 6MT.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
Source:Forma car News
News permanent address:https://main2.formacar.com/en/news/view/46713.html
- VW ID.4 soon to be available for test drives with Alexa on board
- Volvo EX90 to debut on November 9 with smart tech on board
- Automatic Nissan Z pulled from the market over parking mode issues
- Pagani explains why the Utopia runs on a V12 and not a 1,000-HP V8 hybrid
- Lamborghini Huracan to get a part-electric successor, reports say