Mercedes talks AMG One successor
The AMG Project One has not even started shipping yet, but Mercedes is already teasing its new version along with a premiere set for next week.
The successor to the current AMG One model (see video) is scheduled to debut on next Thursday, May 19, 2022. It has a concept car status and is expected to reach small-batch production in three years.
While the original AMG One hypercar is a hybrid vehicle, the new one will be fully electric. No other details have been revealed so far.
Considering the launch timeframe, Mercedes seems determined to drop out of its arms race against the Rimac Nevera. The latter is the world’s fastest-accelerating production car in its class, hitting 100 km/h (62 mph) in 1.89 seconds. The AMG One needs 2.2 seconds to reach the same acceleration.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
Source:Forma car News
News permanent address:https://main2.formacar.com/en/news/view/44392.html
- A trio of Ferrari LaFerrari prototypes heading for auction next month
- Aurus Senat presents select specs
- Polestar contemplates putting its O2 convertible into production
- Canoo teams up with NASA to provide EV vans carrying astronauts to rockets
- Drako Motors gets 2,000-HP Dragon EV ready to rumble, sorry, rustle tires quietly