Porsche marks a milestone with a video starring a Taycan and a DeLorean
The video the German sports car maker posted last week is replete with allusions to the Back to the Future, and even stars actor Donald Fullilove from that franchise.
Fullilove played Goldie Wilson, mayor of Hill Valley, who got behind the steering wheel of a Porsche Taycan to outrun a DeLorean DMC-12. The latter hits 88 mph in the video and apparently zaps to the future, like in the movie. The video posting date also coincided with the date protagonist Marty McFly ended up in after traveling to the future (October 21, although the original movie specified year 2015).
With its video, Porsche drew a clear parallel with the power required by the DeLorean time machine in the movie to function and the aggregate power of all Taycan EV charging stations built so far: 1.21 Gigawatts in both cases. The company claims it could only achieve so much in so little time thanks to united efforts of two power networks, Electrify America and Ionity.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
Source:Forma car News
News permanent address:https://main2.formacar.com/en/news/view/39603.html
- Mercedes-Benz puts a premiere date on the Vision EQXX
- Bugatti La Voiture Noire spied in London looking very off
- Video: Richard Hammond invites on a tour of his car sanctuary
- EdisonFuture has a big e-truck and a practical e-LCV coming up in 2025
- Meet Chery Omoda 5, a cross-coupe for many international markets