Lucid Air officially recognized as the longest-range EV in the USA
The Tesla Model S Long Range had long held the title of North America’s farthest-traveling battery car with 652 kilometers (405 miles) of EPA-rated range, but the new Lucid Air Dream Edition Range dethroned it quite decisively.
According to the experts, the luxury saloon has enough juice to cover 837 kilometers, or 520 miles, on a single charge. It also packs hypercar-like levels of power at 947 PS (934 hp / 696 kW). There is also the maxed-out Performance version with 1,128 PS (1,112 hp / 830 kW) at its disposal, but its range is shorter due to the focus on power.
Both top specs cost U.S. $169,000, but the company says the entire production batch has already been sold out in pre-orders. The assembly is already underway, with the deliveries set to commence in late 2021.
Alternatives include Air Grand Touring, which costs $139,000 and offers 812 PS (800 hp / 596 kW) of thrust along with 830 km (516 miles) of range, and entry-spec Lucid Air priced at $77,400.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
Source:Forma car News
News permanent address:https://main2.formacar.com/en/news/view/38634.html
- Check out a hoverbike capable of hitting 100 km/h (62 mph)
- Discover how ICE cars work by looking at this see-through cylinder in action
- Toyota to test hydrogen-burning ICE cars for commercial and motorsports uses
- Weltmeister M7 is a Level 4 autonomous car
- Volocopter promises to launch an aerial e-taxi in Japan soon