Check out this 700-HP Honda S2000 with a funny backstory
Mason Whitlow of Holley Performance is a true car aficionado who grew up on the values propagated by Fast and Furious movies. when he bought a Honda S2000 convertible, he made the mistake of challenging a Dodge Neon SRT4 to a drag race. Having been humiliated by a turbocharged compact car, he vowed revenge.
He started things off by fitting the four-cylinder engine with a turbocharger. After realizing this was not enough, he pulled out all the stops and swapped the mill for a General Motors L92 V8 6.2. The new engine received a massive Boostlab turbocharger that failed to fit under the hood, the Holley Frostbite intercooler, a new throttle housing, and the Holley Dominator fuel system for distributed injection. The output rose to 600 hp (447 kW) on regular gasoline and 700+ hp (522+ kW) on E85.
We would imagine that Mason no longer cares to challenge the dodge Neon: he has recently done a quarter-mile run in ten seconds and is preparing to drop that time by another second.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
Source:Forma car News
News permanent address:https://main2.formacar.com/en/news/view/28405.html
- Video: Supercar Blondie’s take on the Brabus 800 Adventure XLP and its $100k drone
- 1050 HP for $115k: SVE unveils the 2021 Yenko/SC Stage 2 Camaro
- Diesel-powered Kia Stinger rides low and exudes coolness
- Nissan Leaf gets turned into an emergency response vehicle/power generator
- TechArt launches a couple of options for the Porsche 718 Cayman