This on-sale Hennessey VelociRaptor makes do without a V8
Everyone knows that Texas-based Hennessy Performance remodels Ford F-150s into bloodthirsty “VelociRaptor” monsters, but have you heard it does six-cylinder builds as well? This one just popped up on sale in the United States, so let’s have a look.
The so-called Hennessey VelociRaptor 500 kit is very similar to the popular VelociRaptor V8 package as far as the body kit, suspension and interior are concerned. However, what it is missing most conspicuously of all is the V8, which we’ve long come to associate with Hennessey projects. Instead, the tuner tackles the stock 3.5L EcoBoost V6 by retrofitting it with a new air intake system, cat-back exhaust and ECU software. The output rises from 381 hp (284 kW) at the crank to about 500 hp (373 kW) – pretty good, if not as exciting as some of the atelier's other projects.
The truck on sale flaunts redesigned bumpers, LED lighting, 17-inch off-road wheels with BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A K02 and beadlocks, and a protective ceramic coat. The suspension and the cabin seemingly stay stock, unless you count those Hennessey logos on the headrests.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
Source:Forma car News
News permanent address:https://main2.formacar.com/en/news/view/28379.html
- Video: Supercar Blondie’s take on the Brabus 800 Adventure XLP and its $100k drone
- 1050 HP for $115k: SVE unveils the 2021 Yenko/SC Stage 2 Camaro
- Diesel-powered Kia Stinger rides low and exudes coolness
- Nissan Leaf gets turned into an emergency response vehicle/power generator
- TechArt launches a couple of options for the Porsche 718 Cayman