Lexus GX feels adventurous in the new special edition
The GX Overland Concept clearly appeals to off-road drivers and comes armed with such necessities as reinforced bumpers, a suspension lift, skid plates, meaty tires, and a roof tent.
A fully featured Lexus GX 460 provides the basis for the concept car. The new ride height enables the SUV to veer off the trodden path without dire consequences, and the increased suspension travel makes sure the driver stays sufficiently comfortable inside. Should something still go not as planned, there is a spare wheel holder and a niche for a winch (but neither is included).
Passenger comfort was obviously another major priority for the Lexus Overland Concept. The cabin comes trimmed with red leather and natural wood and packs a plethora of electronic aids. As for the audio system, the high-end 17-speaker set will hardly leave anyone wanting for more.
The technical aspect stays stock, though, with the gasoline V8 still churning out 301 hp (225 kW) along with 446 Nm (329 lb-ft) of torque to the wheels through an automatic transmission.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
Source:Forma car News
News permanent address:https://main2.formacar.com/en/news/view/24421.html
- This e-roadster is one of China Show’s main highlights
- Tacio Taraschi builds a supercar to commemorate his father’s work
- Buick revives “Electra” trademark for an upcoming battery SUV
- Meet Voyah i-Free, a demo car with production slated for 2021
- 800 km on a charge: Beijing shows off its Radiance Concept