Ford Mustang GT gets transformed into a 1,000whp monstrosity
We can’t help imagining Alex Poppleton, from London, starting to watch the reveal of the ‘brand-new’ 2020 Mustang Shelby GT500 only to smirk and hit stop a minute later. His own custom Mustang GT probably eats Shelby’s for breakfast.
The tuner vehicle boasts plenty of improvements both visual and technical, the latter clearly evidenced by the massive power dome on the hood. Concealed underneath is a V8 boosted with the help of a giant 2.65L supercharger to deliver 1,013 PS (1,000 hp, or 745 kW) to the wheels. The torque doesn’t lag far behind with 975 Nm (720 lb-ft). Of course, this implies numerous modifications to the intake, exhaust, fuel and control systems.
The body kit is no less staggering. Whether the extreme Duraflex wheel arches, the new radiator grille stripped of the Mustang badge, the low splitter or the two-piece diffuser, everything here impresses with its sheer brutality and aggression. A dark grey metallic wrap by Avery Dennison completes the sinister image.
The tuner Mustang rides on air suspension and U.S.-made Project 6GR wheels. The cabin makes use of Corbeau bucket seats wrapped in leather, and the sports steering wheel has stylish carbon-fiber inserts.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
Source:Forma car News
News permanent address:https://main2.formacar.com/en/news/view/24279.html
- Video: Supercar Blondie’s take on the Brabus 800 Adventure XLP and its $100k drone
- 1050 HP for $115k: SVE unveils the 2021 Yenko/SC Stage 2 Camaro
- Diesel-powered Kia Stinger rides low and exudes coolness
- Nissan Leaf gets turned into an emergency response vehicle/power generator
- TechArt launches a couple of options for the Porsche 718 Cayman