Garage 54 fakes a Tesla Cybertruck based on UAZ powertrain
Tesla’s much-hyped pickup is still many months away, but some people want it so badly they take matters into their own hands – just as Garage 54 did in the video here.
We have all seen jury-rigged Cybertruck replicas built in Europe and the USA, and now a highly promising specimen is being born in Russia.
The tuner uses an old UAZ-469 chassis as the starting point for the conversion. It is worth noting that Garage 54 used the exact same chassis in an arguably even more unhinged project last year: specifically, a bulletproof UAZ with… concrete for armor. They had to peel off all the concrete before proceeding with the new project.
To make sure the replica comes as close to the original Cybertruck size as possible, the guys have extended the wheelspan, welded a new framework, and used 2-mm steel for body panels.
The large-scale conversion is still far from complete, but the Russians feel determined to see it through and take it out for a test drive. We honestly can’t wait to see the people’s reactions.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
Source:Forma car News
News permanent address:https://main2.formacar.com/en/news/view/24263.html
- Video: Supercar Blondie’s take on the Brabus 800 Adventure XLP and its $100k drone
- 1050 HP for $115k: SVE unveils the 2021 Yenko/SC Stage 2 Camaro
- Diesel-powered Kia Stinger rides low and exudes coolness
- Nissan Leaf gets turned into an emergency response vehicle/power generator
- TechArt launches a couple of options for the Porsche 718 Cayman