V8 vs. XL-Sized Juice Pack: Audi R8 gets pitted up against the TTS
Automobile fans just keep quarreling over which cars are faster: the old ones that come with huge, naturally aspirated engines or the modern ones, with juice-pack-sized engines but serious assistance from turbochargers and other latest tech? See the video, you’ll be impressed.
Two Audis had it out with each other at a racetrack in Great Britain: a 2008 R8 armed with a 4.2-liter V8 (428 hp / 319 kW) and a TTS Roadster packing a 2.0-liter turbo-four (310 hp / 231 kW).
You would think the serious performance gap would have the job cut out for the R8. You would be mistaken. During the quarter-mile test run, the modern, lightweight and compact TTS pulled ahead of the bulky R8 and stayed there until the end.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
Source:Forma car News
News permanent address:https://main2.formacar.com/en/news/view/18602.html
- IIHS awards the Tesla Model 3 top safety scores across the board
- Kia admits it has no clue what to do with the sinking Stinger
- BMW to axe the i3, but doesn’t say when
- Infotainment screenshot indicates BMW might be developing a V12 X7 after all
- Jeep puts Gladiator sales on hold until it fixes a major driveshaft defect