BMW reveals details on its extreme M2 CS Coupe
BMW has released new bits of information concerning its upcoming M2 CS Coupe. According to a leaflet posted on Bimmerpost forums, the topmost trim version of the M2 range will arrive packing an improved 3.0-liter turbocharged six-cylinder diesel engine. Mated to a seven-speed DCT or a six-speed manual transmission, it will produce 450 horsepower (336 kilowatts) along with 550 Newton-meters (406 pound-feet) of torque.
The two-door coupe boasts carbon hood and roof and therefore weighs less than its standard counterpart. It also sports an aerodynamic kit made of composite materials, notably including a bulky rear diffuser. As for the adaptive suspension, all trims will get it by default.
Rumor has it that the debut will happen before the end of 2019, with the sales start planned for next year. The company will only produce 2,200 units of the limited series.
The M2 Competition is currently the strongest M2 on the market. Packing a 3.0-liter engine good for 410 hp (306 kW) and a seven-speed DCT, it sprints 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) in 4.2 seconds.
Reporter Sergei Musa
Source:Forma car News
News permanent address:https://main2.formacar.com/en/news/view/15693.html
- Tesla Space Roadster completes its first solar orbit
- Volkswagen pits its ID. R Concept up against a quadcopter
- Porsche Taycan covers 3,425 km / 2,128 mi on the Nardò Ring in 24 hours
- McLaren 600LT and 720S get a tie at the Nürburgring
- There Ain’t No Propeller: BMW shatters misconceptions surrounding its logo