The Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series is the fastest street-legal AMG ever
Mercedes-AMG has officially announced that it would introduce its fastest-going street-legal car ever in mid-2020. At its core, the GT Black Series is a two-door coupe with a high-end engine and sophisticated aerodynamics.
Apparently, the performance subdivision of Mercedes has been developing the model for several years. The car uses a lightweight frame and a body that consists predominantly of CFRP. It also takes advantage of an innovative chassis design alongside with a highly efficient aerodynamic kit.
Rumors claim the supercar will end up with the 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8 engine of the GT 63 S 4-Door, where it comes rated at 640 hp (478 kW) and 900 Nm (664 lbft) of torque.
The Black Series currently incorporates the SLS AMG supercar that came out six years ago. Packing 631 hp (471 kW) under the hood, it sprints from zero to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 3.6 seconds and hits its speed ceiling at 315 km/h (196 mph).
Editor Andrew Raspopov
Source:Forma car News
News permanent address:https://main2.formacar.com/en/news/view/14912.html
- Tesla Space Roadster completes its first solar orbit
- Volkswagen pits its ID. R Concept up against a quadcopter
- Porsche Taycan covers 3,425 km / 2,128 mi on the Nardò Ring in 24 hours
- McLaren 600LT and 720S get a tie at the Nürburgring
- There Ain’t No Propeller: BMW shatters misconceptions surrounding its logo