Toyota unveils the next-gen Hiace van
For the first time since 2004, Toyota will be releasing a new generation of its Hiace passenger/commercial van series. Both modifications will ship overseas, the company assured during the reveal event in Philippines.
While the current-gen Hiace has no visible hood part, the new version sports a so-called “semi-hood” design. It also takes advantage of an all-new platform that is reportedly similar to the TNGA.
The updated van sports a full-metal frame and can accommodate up to 17 passengers. It will ship with a choice between two sizes. Your first option is a longer wheelbase (3,860 mm or 12.66 ft.) with a raised roof, and the other one is a shorter wheelbase (3,210 mm or 10.53 ft.) with a standard roof.
The engine palette will consist of a 3.5-liter gasoline V6 engine and a 2.8-liter, four-cylinder diesel, but their respective characteristics remain unknown.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
Source:Forma car News
News permanent address:https://main2.formacar.com/en/news/view/12914.html
- New Cadillac CT5 destined to replace the XTS, CTS, and ATS
- Mitsubishi eK, Nissan Dayz kei cars to get better tech in their next generation
- Tesla Model Y debuts with three seat rows, 480 km / 300 mi range
- Ares Design unveils Project 1 supercar with specs, pricing
- Ford Transit Custom Sport van goes through a facelift